Tuesday, September 24, 2013

What is Luck? And What is Hard Work?



Long ago, my mom always said, the way to get a "luck" is with pray regularly, help others, pray for others also doing good things, then she continued, "From that, luck will be surround you". I just nodding my head when she said that and of course believe all what my mom said
But yesterday, one of my friend said something about luck. "Luckily Fur, I not believe in Luck. There is nothing about luck, it is only daily live cycles. People fail then success, or at first people afraid but after that they become brave and many people hate but then become love. If you pray and then you get your luck easily from pray, so it is the answer from your pray, not even the Luck factor, right? So what is Luck? Luck is nothing, is just man-terminology"

Is that so?

Then she continued, "for example when you have a test. A Very hard test. I am sure you will prepare well if you wanna pass the test, right? Then maybe you take private lesson, practice everyday, and ask your teacher, mentor and so on. Then after the test is done, luckily you passed. Is that because of your luck? No! It is about your hard work"

Readers, I just listening, without left any comment. And smiling of course :)

Then she adds the last sentences, "Oh wait, it is not end yet Fur. I am sure you will blame, how if you failed? (actually I'm not blaming :p) If you failed, I am sure it is only life cycles because there something mysterious thing that will push you to get your success. After receive happily life because of luckily success, you must accept bitter sad life from luckily failure. It is fair way to keep your life balance. There is no luck factor Fur."

Hmmh.. Is that so? Who control the success and failure, sad and happy? Our self, not the luck, right?

Again she continued her thought, "Like Thomas Jefferson said, the harder I work the more luck I seem to have"

I am so much appreciate with her creative thinking. Either my mom and my friend is true. I am believing in luck factor also hard work, and for me both of them is different. How to get your luck is all about the way you act and how is your faith about God feelings. Whereas hard work is the way to get own better capacity life, maximum effort and eager to stand up after fail.

Quoting from Chairil Anwar,"kerja belum selesai, belum apa-apa. Sejatinya, jalan masih panjang dan tidak ada yang bisa menjamin Anda akan lolos hingga tahap akhir. Meski demikian, kita juga percaya bahwa tidak ada satu orangpun yang bisa memastikan Anda tidak akan diterima. Kita yakin, nasib akan berpihak pada para pejuang yang berani. Mari kita siapkan diri, mari berjuang dengan berani menyelesaikan penggal terakhir yang pastinya tidak mudah ini."

So, what is Luck in yours? And how about hardwork?

~ Afternoon in office, when everything seems fatigue

~F

No comments:

Post a Comment

terima kasih yaa :)